Sunday 15 January 2012

Cold enough to freeze your Winnebago

Mike and I had 'date night' last night. We sat on the couch and watched Big Bang Theory and NCIS: Los Angeles online. Oh wait, that was the night before...
Last night I went to bed with Ollie at 7:15 and was up with him every hour or so. "Mommy? Mommy? A dwink! A dwink!" He was sleeping beside me in the big bed because he had a fever and was whimpering in his sleep. He was not feeling good at all. A little later on, he appeared to be having a bad dream. I whispered to him, "It's okay, Mommy's here." over and over while I stroked his hair. He fell back into a deeper sleep at the sound of my voice. How incredible to have the ability to impart that much peace into the life of my little boy.
Mike was supposed to work today, but the part he was to work on didn't come in, so he is home and that is fantastic. What's not fantastic is that our plow truck is not working and we've got lots of snow in the driveway. He decided to go borrow a friend's four-wheeler and plow. They live about 40 minutes away. A long way if you live anywhere but Canada! He asked Eli if he wanted to go on a road trip. Eli jumped off the couch and headed for the door. : ) The boy loves a good road trip.
Oliver looks up at me and says, "Mommy? Stay home? Stay home, Mommy?" Yes, my little home body, we are staying home. Eli is the one who doesn't like the babysitters, but he loves a good outing with family. Ollie tolerates the babysitter, but prefers to stay home no matter what.
When we got up this morning it was 8 degrees in our house. Yowsers. That is BRISK!
(The photo is not a recent one, but it's a winter pic of our house and it's too cold for me to get a recent one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment